Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine was opened on Trinity Sunday, May 30, 1926 by the Good Shepherd Sisters on property that was home the the 'Harms Farms'. In 1952, the Sisters of the Most Holy Trinity took over the operation of the Shrine.
The Shrine is a replica of the Grotto in Lourdes, France. Incorporated into the Grotto are two stones taken from the stone upon which Our Lady appeared in Lourdes. The water from the Grotto flows over these holy relics.
Since its opening, thousands of pilgrims from across the country and from Canada have come to honor Our Lady and place their petitions before her. Hundreds of favors, both spiritual and temporal, have been reported as granted.
Today, the Shrine is available for pilgrims and parish groups to come for prayer and reflections. The Sisters host and conduct retreats and days of recollection as requested. The St. Ann Dining Room is available for groups who wish to spend the the day. Conference rooms are also available for a few hours or all day meetings.
For more information about hosting your group or pilgrimage, contact the Sisters of the Most Holy Trinity at 216-481-8232 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Knights of Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine
This group was organized and officially approved by the late Right Reverend Bishop Joseph Schrembs, D.D. on November 5, 1927.
These men have banded together to safeguard the interests of Our Lady at her Shrine by maintaining the silence and order befitting the immediate environs of the Grotto. They assist as Ushers at Sunday Mass, Sunday afternoon services, and on evenings during Novenas. They also lead Rosary and Processions and assist the Pilgrimage guests in any way possible.
Added to these duties, the gallent men contribute their labors on weekends and evenings in order to help with landscaping and caring for the grounds surrounding the Grotto; thereby greatly assisting the Sisters of the Most Holy Trinity in their work at the Shrine.
For more information about becoming a Knight of Our Lady of Lourdes Shrine, contact the Sisters of the Most Holy Trinity at 216-481-8232 or email@example.com.